Daylight Saving Time begins again at 2:00 am on March 10th
. We will be setting our clocks forward one hour to lose the extra hour of sleep. Although an hour may not seem like much, it can alter your sleeping patterns and daily routines. Keep these tips in mind to “spring forward” with ease:
- To assist your body in adjusting to the time change, go to sleep earlier than usual.
- Due to the time change, your body clock may be a bit off. Do not forget to set your alarms.
- Try to stay consistent with your eating, exercising, bed and social times.
- Try to cut your caffeine intake in the afternoon and evening to help you fall asleep quicker.
- Traffic accidents increase due to sleep deprivation. Be sure to stay alert on the roads, as many other drivers may be adjusting to the time change as well.
By taking a few of these steps, you should adjust to the change in no time. The beginning of Daylight Saving Time also serves as a great reminder to check and change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home. Daylight Saving Time will officially end at 2:00 am on November 3rd.
Thank you for visiting our blog
. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Edison Insurance Company
’s mission is to provide quality coverage at competitive rates while providing exceptional service. For more information on Florida home insurance
or to get a quote, please call (866) 568-8922.