When the waters begin to rise
The statistics speak for themselves when it comes to flood coverage. In a state surrounded by water and where ocean front or lake front homes are so highly coveted it is imperative homeowners and renters protect their homes and families against the damage a flood event can cause.
Important flood statistics:
• 90% of natural disasters in the United States involve some form of flooding.
• The average flood premium in the State of Florida is between $500 -$600.
• Flooding is the most common disaster reported in the United States.
• The potential cost of damage from just one inch of water is $20,000.
• Residents of the State of Florida own the largest segment of flood policies in our nation.
Given this information, very few property owners or renters can afford to bear the cost of a flood event without a Flood Insurance policy in place.
Flooding events typically occur when a hurricane or severe storm impacts nearby bodies of water and cause the waters to rise. Flood Insurance is designed to cover the structure of your home and your personal possessions up to the selected coverage limits. A typical Flood insurance policy can provide an average of up to $250,000 of coverage for your home and up to $100,000 of coverage for your personal belongings.
Secure this valuable coverage at a discounted rate with Edison Insurance, and benefit from our option to exceed the normal limits of a standalone policy without a 30-day waiting period. Call your agent today and make the clear choice to secure a flood endorsement with Edison Insurance Company.