Every year, most children put together their lists of toys for the holidays. On your search to find the best toys this holiday season, it is important to keep safety a top priority. Each year, thousands of children are treated in emergency rooms for toy-related injuries. Edison Insurance Company would like to provide some important steps for choosing safe toys for your holiday gift shopping.
- Select age appropriate toys based on manufacture labels. Toys which are too advanced may not only cause frustration for kids but also lead to dangers.
- Toys made of fabric should be labeled as flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Painted toys should be covered with lead-free paint to avoid consumption if your child chews on them or they begin to chip.
- Be sure to purchase non-toxic art and crafts materials.
- Avoid toys with small parts and detachable pieces, as they could become a choking hazard which could quickly turn into a life-threatening situation.
- When purchasing items like bicycles, skateboards, scooters, or skates, be sure to purchase proper safety equipment such as a helmet and knee/elbow pads for protection.
Regardless of the gifts you are purchasing, it’s important to always supervise young children, especially around the holidays when there is so much going on. We hope you have a safe and memorable holiday season.
Thank you for visiting our blog. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Edison Insurance Company’s mission is to provide quality coverage at competitive rates while providing exceptional service. For more information on Florida homeowners insurance or to get a quote, please call (866) 568-8922.