Thanksgiving is a time to enjoy your family, friends, and a delicious feast. A Thanksgiving meal can be a lot of work for a host, and if proper cooking safety precautions are not taken, your day of thanks could turn into a disaster. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports Thanksgiving to be the peak day for home cooking fires. In fact, the NFPA reported fire departments in the U.S. responded to over 1,500 home cooking fires on Thanksgiving in 2016.
We want your thanksgiving to be fulfilling and safe for you and your guests. As such, please consider the following cooking safety tips:
- Before you begin cooking, test the smoke alarms in your home to be sure they are working properly.
- Never leave a hot stove or oven unattended.
- Keep your children and pets away from hot appliances, food, and liquids.
- If you are deep frying your turkey, be sure your fryer is used outdoors and away from your home and flammable materials.
- Consume or freeze leftovers within 3 to 4 days of your Thanksgiving meal.
From our family to yours, have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!
Thank you for visiting our blog. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Edison Insurance Company’s mission is to provide quality coverage at competitive rates while providing exceptional service. For more information on Florida homeowners insurance or to get a quote, please call (866) 568-8922.