Although we have yet to be hit by a storm this 2015 hurricane season, it is incredibly important for you, and your home to be prepared for the unthinkable. Knowing these insurance tips on how to prepare for a storm before it arrives will not only reduce your risk of harm, it may also accelerate your recovery process.
- Review your insurance policy. Read through your policy to better understand the coverages you have purchased. If you have any concerns or to ensure your policy fits your specific needs, please speak with your agent.
- Complete a household inventory to speed up claims processing after a storm. By using your camera or smartphone, take pictures to document the contents in your home. Send the inventory list to yourself via email making them accessible from another location in the case you are unable to get back into your home.
- Store important documents in a safe and dry place. Included in those important documents should be your Edison Insurance policy number and the Edison claims number, 888-683-7971.
- Prepare your property now. Take some time to consider your home's vulnerability to wind, storm surge, and flood damage. By performing routine home maintenance checks now, you may avoid major repairs later. Be sure to inspect, and remove any hazardous debris with potential to be tossed in the wind causing damage to your property.
- Develop an emergency plan well in advance of a storm. It is strongly advised to develop an evacuation plan, as well as stocking up on emergency supplies and non-perishable food. You can find a great pre-hurricane checklist on the "tips and tools" section on our website.
For more insurance tips for hurricane season, click here.
Thank you for visiting our blog. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Edison Insurance Company's mission is to provide quality Fl home insurance overage at competitive rates while providing exceptional service. For more information, or to get a quote, please call (866) 568-8922.