Hanukkah, known as the Festival of Lights, has become one of the most popular Jewish holidays of the year, commemorating the rededication of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem. Hanukkah is celebrated for eight days and on each day, a single candle is lit while blessings over the candle are chanted, and special songs are sung. Games are played, meals are shared, and small gifts are given. As this holiday approaches, we hope you will consider these safety tips before lighting your first candle:
- Never leave a lit menorah unattended.
- Be careful not to light a candle near curtains or decorations. If there are surrounding decorations, be sure to place them at a good distance.
- When plugging in an electric menorah, keep small children away from the socket.
- Make sure all smoke detectors in the house are working properly, and always have a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Place the menorah on a nonflammable surface like aluminum foil to catch dripping candle wax. This also makes cleaning up easier.
- Place pets in a secure area away from wires and food, which could make them sick.
Have a safe and Happy Hanukkah…Shalom!
Thank you for visiting our blog. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Edison Insurance Company's mission is to provide quality coverage at competitive rates while providing exceptional service. For more information on Florida home insurance or to get a quote, please call (866) 568-8922.