September is National Preparedness Month, reminding us all to be prepared for natural disasters and emergencies. Whether you are new to Florida or a lifetime resident, we encourage you to take this opportunity to be proactive with your disaster plans. In honor of National Preparedness Month, here are some important emergency preparedness tips:
- Stock up on your hurricane supplies.
- Sign up for local and state emergency alerts.
- Create and practice emergency plans with your family.
- Be sure your homeowners insurance is up to date with the right coverage. Contact your agent should you need to make any changes.
- Install and test the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
You never know when a disaster may strike, but you can certainly plan ahead which will assist you and your family to remain calm during a disaster. Remember, September is also the statistical peak of hurricane season, so take action now. For more information on National Preparedness Month, visit ready.gov.
Allow Edison Insurance Company to shine our light on you and your family by insuring your home, condominium, and precious belongings. Should the unexpected occur, you will be our main focus while we restore your home. To learn more about Edison Insurance Company, or to get a quote, please give us a call at 866-568-8922 or visit our website.