Halloween is one of the most exciting days of the year for kids and many adults. However, millions of parents worry about their children's safety on Halloween for a variety of reasons. Halloween may be known to be the spookiest and scariest day of the year, and sometimes it can be for the wrong reasons. According to Safe Kids Worldwide, twice as many child pedestrians are killed while walking on Halloween compared to any other day of the year. Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe this Halloween:
- Look before you cross the street
- Younger trick-or-treaters should always be supervised
- Use sidewalks and paths
- Stay in well-lit areas
- Use reflective tape or stickers on costumes and bags to be visible to drivers
- Do not let your child wear a mask, as it can get in the way of their vision
- Make sure the costume fits properly to avoid tripping hazards
- Drive cautiously and slowly
- Eliminate any distractions like cell phones
- Slow down and be alert in residential neighborhoods
- Never drink and drive.
These tips will make sure your children have a safe Halloween. We hope you and your family have a fun and safe Halloween. For more tips on Halloween safety, visit Safe Kids Worldwide.
Keeping your family and home safe and protected is Edison Home Insurance Company's number one priority. We have taken a bright and innovative approach to Florida homeowners insurance with coverage options allowing you to customize a policy to best fit your needs. To learn more about Edison Insurance Company, or to get a personalized quote, call us at (866) 568-8922.