As a homeowner, it’s important to keep one of your biggest investments safe and protected. As we saw during this past hurricane season, it takes only one storm, in this case Ian, to result in thousands of dollars in damages. This is why it’s important to obtain homeowners insurance and understand what your policy covers.
A typical homeowners policy from Edison Insurance Company provides coverage in the event an unexpected (sudden and accidental) loss occurs due to; fire, lightning, vandalism, theft, liability, and wind. Here is a list of our coverage options and a basic description of each:
- Dwelling (Coverage A) — Pays for damage or destruction to your house, attached structures, and fixtures in your house such as built-in appliances.
- Other Structures (Coverage B, HO-3 Only) — Covers detached structures such as garages, storage sheds, and other fixtures attached to the land and not the home, such as garages, sheds, and fences.
- Personal Property (Coverage C) — Covers the contents of your house, including furniture, clothing, and appliances, if they are stolen, damaged, or destroyed as covered in the policy.
- Loss of Use (Coverage D) — Pays for additional living expenses if your home is deemed too damaged to live in during repairs.
- Liability (Coverage E) — Protects you against financial loss if you are sued and found legally responsible for someone else's injury or property damage.
- Medical Payments (Coverage F) — Covers medical bills for people hurt on your property. Medical Payments coverage also pays for some injuries that may happen away from your home.
Edison also offers many additional coverage options to further protect your property, home, and its contents. Coverages such as Personal Property Replacement Cost, Sinkhole Coverage, Identity Theft Expense Coverage, and many more are available. View our full list here or call your agent to help you review these options and determine which would be best for you and your family.
Get a Quote with Edison
Interested in Edison Insurance? Easily get a quote online here. Keeping your family and home safe and protected is Edison Insurance Company’s number one priority. Ask your agent how they can help make sure you have the proper coverage or call us at 866-568-8922.