The leading cause of claims filed in the State of Florida is generally related to water damage. Below are a few preventive measures you can take today to significantly reduce your damage:
- Know where your home’s main water shut off valve is located and ensure it is in proper working order.
- Label the main water shut off valve so others may find it quickly in case of an emergency.
- Consider purchasing a water detection device from your local hardware store or from a local vendor.
When Loss Occurs…
- Immediately turn off the water source to prevent further damage
- Report your loss as soon as it is safe to do so
- Move personal property to a dry location
- Avoid throwing anything away until an adjuster has visited your home. Taking photos is highly recommended when filing a claim.
Other tools and tips worth checking out.
The best time to make a hurricane plan is when there is no hurricane. We have guide to help you prepare.
If a hurricane strikes, we want you to be as prepared as possible. We have a list of tips to help you prepare for a storm and the aftermath.
We have a step-by-step guide of what to do after a fire has taken place.