Purchasing a home can certainly be an overwhelming, emotional, and stressful process. Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or not, it is understandable to not know all the ins and outs of buying a home. However, there are a few things you may want to be aware of to help you through the home-buying process. With the month of September being National Mortgage Professional Month, we would like to provide you with some tips to assist you with buying a home:
- Communicate with your agent about what you are looking for.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage before you start house hunting.
- Remember, you do not need 20% saved for a down payment.
- Invest as much money as you can now, to assist in paying future mortgage payments.
- Research the current housing market.
- Factor in housing expenses such as property taxes and utility bills.
- Think about what you want for the next several years.
- Don’t forget about homeowners and flood insurance.
Before closing on your new home, your mortgage lender will require you to purchase homeowners insurance. Speak to your agent about obtaining your homeowners insurance through Edison Insurance Company. We offer homeowners and condo owners insurance with policies which can be tailored to meet the specific needs of you and your family. Flood damage is not typically covered under your homeowners policy, and as one of the most likely and costly disasters in the United States, you will want to purchase flood insurance for your new home. Edison offers flood coverage as a certified endorsement to our qualifying policyholders, eliminating the need for a standalone flood insurance policy. To learn more about obtaining homeowners or flood insurance with Edison, contact your agent, or call us at 866-568-8922.
As a Florida homeowner, it is important to protect your property should the unexpected occur. Homeowners insurance coverage to fit the needs of your family is available through Edison Insurance Company. Our top priority is the safety of you and your family. To learn more about us, or to get a personalized quote, call us at (866) 568-8922.