When calamities like these strike, condo insurance helps cover damage caused to your condo, protects your assets, and pays for many associated expenses.
Based on the coverages you choose, you may be eligible for additional expenses including hotel stay if your condo is deemed unlivable.
Why Edison Insurance is unmatched.
Loss of use
Yes. Inspections are conducted in an effort to identify any possible dangers or risks to the homeowners. Any issues detected will be communicated to the policyholder and agent to ensure the proper steps are taken to maximize the safety to the homeowner and their family. Edison Insurance inspects 100% of the homes we insure. In the event an interior inspection is needed, a mutually agreeable time and date will be coordinated with the owner.
A little preparation goes a long way; and we want your coverage plan to fit your needs. Investing a little of your time making a list of possessions, staying abreast of local building costs, and remembering to meet with your agent annually to review your policy, can help you customize a policy that fits your needs. Here are a few things to consider when outlining your coverage plan:
- Have local building costs risen?
- Has your home been remodeled or expanded?
- Do you know what your insurance deductible is?
- Do you have money set aside to cover the deductible if you have a loss?
- Do you have an inventory of your possessions?
- Do you need additional coverage for assets like jewelry, art collections, fur coats or other expensive items?
- Do you need coverage for additional living expenses after a disaster?
- Do you need flood coverage in the event water rises into your home from a lake or storm surge?
- Do you require animal liability protection should your pet injure someone?
- Do you need an umbrella or excess liability policy?
Homeowners insurance is necessary when you have a mortgage lender, however, should the unthinkable occur, this coverage will provide you peace of mind and financial stability knowing you can rebuild.
Dwelling coverage (Coverage A) is the portion of your home insurance policy that covers the cost of rebuilding /repairing your home in the event that it is damaged or lost in a covered peril such as wind, hail, lightening or fire. Separate policies are needed for damages and losses caused by earthquake and flood insurance as these are not covered under standard home insurance policies.
The amount of dwelling coverage that you should purchase should be enough to cover the cost of rebuilding your home in the event of a complete loss. Do not confuse this amount with the market value of your home, as the market value includes the value of your land. Remember that in the event of a disaster, your land will not be lost, only the buildings that stand on it. To determine the replacement value of your home please contact your agent.