Coverage B: Other Structures

Other structures coverage protects against physical structures that are on your property and not attached to your home.
Homeowner's Insurance - Coverage B - Other Structures

All About Other Structures Coverage

In addition to protecting the physical structure of your home, you may also secure coverage for the detached structures on your property, such as a shed or fence. For homeowners who have one or several of these other items on their property, Coverage B can be very helpful to insure these structures against the same damages that may impact the main home.

Although dwelling coverage should be considered prior to any other homeowner’s insurance, other structures coverage is still considered to be equally as important to most homeowners. This is especially true for those who have invested heavily into their property and added expensive fences, swimming pools, detached garages or even greenhouses.

As long as these structures are on your property and are physically detached from the home itself, Coverage B provides a great benefit, as it pays for replacement or repairs when these structures are affected by a covered peril.

What’s covered?

Coverage B can cover most common events, such as:
Fire or smoke
Water damage caused by burst pipes
Falling objects
Weight of ice, snow, or sleet
Impact by aircraft or land vehicle

How much Coverage B do I need?

Coverage B will cover damage to the detached structures of your home such as fences, outdoor kitchens and bars, sheds, pools, guest houses, and detached garages. Coverage is typically defaulted to 2% of Coverage A but may be increased up to 15% of the Coverage A limit. We understand not all homes have these features therefore, you may elect to reduce the coverage or exclude it to fit your needs.

Coverage options for every possibility.

We understand that every customer is unique, so we offer many additional types of coverage for you to choose from.

We approach homeowner’s insurance from all angles.

At Edison Insurance, we offer homeowners insurance policies with comprehensive coverages you can count on when you need it most.
Homeowner's Insurance - Coverage A - Dwelling Coverage

Dwelling coverage

Coverage for damage to your house and any permanent structures on your property.
Florida Peninsula Insurance - Coverage C - Personal Property

Personal property

Coverage for your personal belongings like furniture, clothing, jewelry, and electronics.
A house with scaffolding

Loss of use

Coverage for expenses like renting an apartment while your home is rebuilt.