Recognized each October, National Fire Prevention Week, October 6 through 11, serves to educate us about the importance of fire safety. Fires can occur anywhere and at any time. In fact, the NFPA reports
U.S. fire departments respond to a home fire every 86 seconds. The theme of this year’s Fire Prevention Week is “
Not Every Hero Wears a Cape. Plan and Practice Your Escape”. As such, Edison Insurance Company would like to provide the following escape planning tips:
1. Create a home fire escape plan
2. Each family member should know two ways out of every room.
3. Have a safe place to meet should your family become separated.
4. Practice home fire drills with your family at least two times a year.
5. Make sure all the smoke alarms in your home are in proper working order and test them often.
We hope you take these tips into consideration to keep you, your family, and home fire safe. For more fire escape planning tips and information on Fire Prevention Week, click here
Thank you for visiting our blog
. Edison Insurance Company’s top priority is the safety of you and your family. For more information on insurance in Florida
, or to get a free homeowners insurance quote
, call us at 866-568-8922.