New Year’s Eve is one of the most popular days of the year for fireworks displays. As fun and exciting as setting off your own fireworks display can be, it can easily become dangerous should safety precautions not be in place. Fireworks used incorrectly can lead to some serious injuries, and nobody wants to start their new year in an emergency room. In preparation for the upcoming New Year’s celebrations, we would like to share the following fireworks safety tips:
- If fireworks are illegal where you live, do not use them.
- Designate a responsible adult to set off fireworks.
- Place fireworks on a level non-flammable surface.
- Shoot fireworks off in an open area, away from spectators and flammable materials.
- Do not point or throw fireworks at other people.
- Young children should be supervised around fireworks and sparklers.
- Never re-light or pick up fireworks which have failed to ignite.
- Fireworks should be lit one at a time
- Move away quickly after lighting a firework.
- Douse used fireworks with water before discarding.
- The safest option is to leave it to the professionals and attend a public firework show.
We hope you will take our suggestions into consideration and be on your way to a safe 2020. Wishing you and your family a very happy and safe New Year.
As a Florida homeowner, it is important to protect your property should the unexpected occur. Homeowners insurance coverage to fit the needs of your family is available through Edison Insurance Company
. Should you have any questions or concerns about your policy, contact your agent
, or call us at 866-568-8922.